The WASH unit’s intended goal is to ultimately reduce the morbidity and mortality rate of water and sanitation related diseases. The unit’s activities target vulnerable communities, particularly children under 5 years old, and focus on rural areas. Hygiene promotion is done through partnerships with the community, facilitation, and building community’s capacity with water, sanitation, and hygiene behavior.
WASH objectives include:
- Establish WASH promotion unit in MRCS HQ.
- Reduce the occurrence of water-borne diseases by improving health knowledge, behavior and practices at household level through hygiene education and promotion campaigns in targeted areas.
- Extend water and environmental sanitation activities to wider areas in Myanmar.
- Provide safe drinking or domestic used water and environmental sanitation to target needy community.
- Sustainability, availability and accessibility to safe water and adequate environmental sanitation, as well as the provision of hygiene education to households in selected # villages in #Township
- Access to safe water and adequate environmental sanitation has been improved for # percent of households in selected villages in targeted township.
- Development of the branch capacity and strategy of water and environmental sanitation and hygiene promotion activities.
For more information on WASH activities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org